![]() |
| My Christmas Tree! |
Got the post-Christmas blues? Yeah, I can relate. Christmas is such a beautiful, happy, and joyous time that can make the days following feel so low.
Christmas is wonderful. It definitely is a stressful time of year, as it can feel like there is great pressure to buy everyone the perfect gift, or possibly "out do" your gift from last year to that special someone. We've all been there. There is also the financial stress that can hurt the most of all. You're definitely not alone if you have been through the hardships of trying to budget gifts for others. Fortunately, I believe that the best gift of all is you - and that costs nothing to provide! :)
Well, now that it is past Christmas, I must say that I am a member of the group that struggles with the Christmas blues. I have been listening to Christmas music since (get ready for it) October, and have been in a state of awe and ultra excitement since Thanksgiving. I simply cannot help it. I have rounded up a few ways to distract yourself from the post-holiday blues or maybe even cure you of them. Here we go!
- TURN LEFTOVERS INTO MEALS. I saw this idea as a segment on Kathie Lee and Hoda. It is so simple, yet I feel like so many people don't think of this! If you recently made a massive amount of food to feed your friends and family for the holidays, don't fret and throw out that food. Turn it into another delicious meal! Or better yet, turn that meal into something else yummy and give it to a friend or neighbor. This is a perfect way to get creative and keep yourself occupied during this low time. Giving always feels great and so does being creative. This is a perfect opportunity for that.
- SEND THANK YOU NOTES. This is MOST DEFINITELY my favorite idea. I love sending notes and I love receiving them too. It is such a pastime, and I think that might make it feel even more thoughtful and special. It just warms my heart when I receive a note and think about someone taking the time out of their busy and technology-filled life to write ME a thank you note. This time of year is perfect for that. If you were given a gift, blessed by someone's presence at a holiday dinner, or just feel like expressing how grateful you are for someone, this is the PERFECT opportunity! You can truly make someone else's day while making yourself feel better too!
- PLAN FOR NEW YEARS EVE/DAY. Maybe you already have New Years plans. Maybe you don't. Whatever the case, plan a little more. Maybe you can check in with friends to make sure everyone knows the details, and make sure that everyone knows what they are bringing to the potluck. Maybe you haven't planned anything and you need to reach out to some friends. Doing this will ease future stress on New Years Eve and will provide you with something to look forward to. It is a great idea for lifting your spirit.
- CLEAN OUT YOUR LIVING SPACE. If you received gifts this year, if you're anything like me, that extra amount of stuff may just be the straw that broke the camels back. Or maybe you have space, but your area is feeling a bit cluttered with things all over the place. Take this time to clean. Turn on your favorite playlist or podcast and make piles of items to save and items to throw out or give away. It will make you feel SO MUCH better. It can honestly make your mind feel much more organized and relaxed. You will also feel accomplished for doing something so productive.
- CONTINUE THE SPIRIT. It is NEVER too early to save yourself from some stress and begin Christmas planning... And I mean NEVER. This is absolutely no joke! Buying presents early may save you from some stress AND help you keep a balanced budget, rather than spending all your money on gifts during the month of December. Also, you don't have to stop listening to holiday music or watching holiday movies - there is nothing wrong with that!
I hope you enjoyed these tips. Additionally, I hope they can ease you of some low feelings during this time of year. Please let me know in the comments how you feel about them or if you have used them. Just remember, New Years is right around the corner!
Until Next Time,
MM

Comments
Post a Comment