THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR


So... it gets dark at around 430PM here in upper New England, and it is pretty darn cold. Side note - the picture above is a picture from summertime in New England, NOT winter. There is not much that can be done outside, as it is so cold. Furthermore, most people try to minimize their time outdoors unless it is for doing a winter sport while bundled in eleven different layers of L.L. Bean, or to walk into the grocery store and then back out. So, you (& me too!) may wonder, how on Earth could anyone stay happy during a time like this one?

Well, I definitely don't know everything, and I can't say I am the most positive person. With this being said, I have been focusing on staying positive to get through this hard time - facing the cold and the darkness. I have attempted to tackle it by surrounding myself with people who make the dark days seem like the nights like those in the picture above. I am hoping the positivity of those around me can rub off on me. I think it might be working!

Obviously, not all days can be filled with sunshine and end with a beautiful sunset. BUT - if you can change your mindset, you can make yourself feel like the day was. I swear!

Follow along and hopefully, you can catch some light from what I have been appreciating lately, to make my darkest days lighter!



1. WARM CLOTHES. - What ON EARTH would we do without cozy, warm, and soft clothes?!? Like, for real?! I am so grateful for them! Especially my favorite pair of fuzzy socks. They make me so happy. 

2. PETS. - In my opinion, pets can do wonders for people. Once you learn to appreciate them and think of them as an equal, you can begin to experience the joy they bring. They super cute, cuddly, and can never be mean! ;) What more is there to like? I am SO grateful I have pets that will always snuggle and listen to me. It sounds silly, but it is true!

3. GOOD BOOKS. - Yes, it may be too dark to get outside for even about ten minutes (lol), BUT it is never too late to sit back and enjoy an amazing book. I think that books are so underappreciated. They are like movies and tv shows, but much more easily obtainable (and affordable), and they let you imagine a whole other world. I just love them. If you really get into a book, it can be the perfect relief for a bad day. Let's be grateful for books!

4. FRIENDS & FAMILY. - Yes, some days can be rough. It may comfort you to know, although people may put on a happy face to strangers like us, everyone experiences rough days. Friends and family are the best to confide in during these times because they are the most likely to open up to you about their struggles too. We should all be grateful for the people around us that let us open up to them because it can truly turn a day around.

5. LIFE. - It sounds incredibly broad and cliche, I know. It is true though. We all have this opportunity to live an amazing life, however, we would like. Yes, there may be hardships now, but ultimately, we must recognize that we will get through it. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel - regardless of what you may be facing now. 


One of my favorite Pinterest quotes! 


Thank you very much for following along. Trust me, you will get through this - whether it be facing the cold weather, the early darkness, an illness, or any bump in the road. Try to stay positive and recognize that there are things to be thankful for. Gratitude will act as your driving force in the dark tunnel to get to the light.



Until Next Time,


MM


Comments