![]() |
| Bracing the Cold in Heidelberg, Germany. Wearing an Old Navy scarf & a Banana Republic hat. |
Although I was in denial about it, I knew that this post was necessary when I was walking to school on last Tuesday, and felt the six-degree chill literally pierce my ears. It was one of the coldest New England mornings I have ever experienced, although I have felt even colder temperatures. Unlucky for me, this temperature is pretty average for January in my area. Fortunately, I have spent almost nineteen winters bracing the wrath of mother nature and I think I've learned a few things from it. Follow along to view my must-haves for looking fashionable while staying warm!
1. I know that UGG boots are super-duper popular, but I think that that is rightly so! They keep your feet nice and warm and are stylish. It definitely stinks when there is slush and water because they don't do so well, so I wouldn't wear them on those days. Otherwise, they are lifesavers. I have this classic pair. I have had the same pair and worn them religiously for about three or four years.
2. For a slightly more polished look on the feet, and a perfect option for more wet winter days, these Ralph Lauren rubber ankle boots are PERFECT. No, they don't offer the warmth of the UGGs, BUT they do offer protection from water and are incredibly stylish. If you don't like the cheetah print, they have the same booties in black and navy, I believe. I actually love the cheetah print. It adds a bit of fun to my somewhat dull and dreary winter style, and I get a lot of compliments on them!
3. I love this camel cape-scarf from J.Crew. This is because I love ponchos, capes, and blanket scarves for the winter. I think that they bring the comfort of a warm blanket or cozy sweatpants to a fashionable look. It always feels so nice to bundle up on a cold day, while staying cute! If you don't love this cape, I would highly recommend looking at J.Crew's cape selection for one you would like - they have so many!
4. I dream of oversized, soft sweaters on the chilly days. I think Madewell has an excellent selection of them. They can be a little bit more expensive than ones you can purchase at say Aerie or Gap, but I feel that the quality of Madewell's products makes it worth it. I am loving this one right now. I think it would be super cute with black jeans and the Ralph Lauren boots (see number two)! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE this one for Valentine's Day.
5. Despite the fact that I am not the most adventurous person when it comes to the colors of my clothing pieces, I adore this hat in the yellow option. I am pushing myself to add one piece of color or a unique print to my outfits, and this would be lovely paired with a navy, black, white, or brown jacket in my opinion. It also looks incredibly cozy, which is always a plus!
6. NOW THIS IS A STEAL! These Thread & Supply Peacoats are on sale and are perfect for maintaining a fashionable look while bracing the cold. If I didn't already have multiple peacoats I would most definitely snag one of these. I would purchase one in either the camel or pink color. I adore camel/nude, but I also find that lighter colors can boost my mood in the winter. They remind me of spring, of course!
7. I totally support the trend of these 'teddy jackets'. They are SO cute and definitely a staple in temperatures below fifty degrees. I have done a lot of hunting on these jackets and I believe that this one from SHEIN is a STEAL. Since it seems to be a trendy piece, I probably wouldn't spend too much on this item. In that case, this one would be perfect. Of course, if you wanted one that was more durable and of higher quality, I think that a traditional sherpa would be better. Here are some options: One & Two (ON SALE).
Thank you very much for taking the time to read my 'Gal on the Go - Winter Style Edition'. I hope that this can help some gals that are hoping to stay stylish while bracing the cold. I am sure am! I am looking forward to writing more of these 'style editions' as the days get warmer.
Until Next Time!
MM

Comments
Post a Comment