A FILLED HEART

I can't say "y'all" anymore... because I'M HOME!! I'm back in Antarctica, but with the fullest heart EVER. 


In honor of the past thirty-three-ish days that I adventured the southern part of the United States, (and in lieu of a boring written description) here's a photo album of my trip. 




One
Flying into Greenville, South Carolina. The excitement began. 



Two
The first of the Southern Mexican. RIP my healthy diet. 



Three
B & I got snow cones on a ninety degree tandem bike ride to Travelers Rest. I felt like a kid again.





Four
We completed our very first Hot Yoga sesh. Exhausted was an understatement. 



Five
500 miles later. We made it to Annapolis. This was the first time in my life that 85 degrees felt cool.



Six
Celebrating Annie's graduation. *heart exploding*



Seven
We saw the Mids perform noon formation and the Blue Angels practice (a lot!).



Eight
The Superintendent's dinner. The food was AMAZING, but the flowers were even better. 



Nine
Family prom. We broke. it. down. on the dancefloor. Especially George (my dad)!



Ten
Anna and friends had their grad party. Funniest five hours of my life. I still haven't stopped laughing about it. #sorrysis





Eleven
MY GIRL GRADUATED. :,) *heart has officially exploded*



Twelve
In D.C. visiting the monuments and we went to a Nats baseball game with the whole commissioning week gang. Just like us GMax (George Max) kids did when we were little ones!



Thirteen
First Charleston trip. We went to Isle of Palms and I got bit by "THE BUG" and my allergic reaction revisited us. Lucky me! Thankfully it did not require an emergency room visit, this time.



Fourteen
Survived the allergic reaction and spent the day in Charleston. Basically bubbled wrapped myself as we went to the same beach I was originally bitten at.



Fifteen
Conquered another busy weekend at Reedy (the bike shop) and took Annie girl out to eat at Barley's! YUM YUM!





Sixteen
Leaving for Charleston, round two. Abby was our chauffeur. 



Seventeen
The sisters dancing on our Mom's favorite beach when she lived in Charleston as a twenty-something-year-old gal. 



Eighteen
Dancing and giggles in Downtown Chucktown with my favorite. Sporting my favorite fruit earrings, btw.



Nineteen
Annie headed to Cali (sad face), but we hit the beach for the third time. This time, Sullivan's Island. Time to dance on the beach again!



Twenty
Back to work at Reedy in Greenville. My favorite days! #I #can't #selfie



Twenty-One
I went thrift shopping in Newberry, South Carolina with my sweet friend Liza. Here's the best treasure I found. I wish I could take it home.




Twenty-Two
Bryson & I stayed with his grandparents at Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia. It was the BEST TIME! I am so grateful. My favorite water activity was kneeboarding. PSA: I believe I have retired from tubing. 



Twenty-Three
A selfie following a lovely day filled with banana-grams, fun on the water, and a lovely dinner with his family. My heart was and is so full.



Twenty-Four
The final day at the Lake. Paddleboarding while attempting to do yoga was a must! 




Twenty-Five
Arrived back in South Carolina and our first stop was Bryson's cousin's softball game. Second stop was sushi with his family. It was chicken for me though because I don't eat fish haha. 




Twenty-Six
We went back to Greenville to work at Reedy for the incredibly busy Father's Day weekend. We were so happy about the sweet new shirts!



Twenty-Seven
I worked my VERY LAST shift at the shop. :( It was the best day though!




Photo Not Available





Twenty-Eight
Spent my last day doing all my favorite things in Greenville. We went to Mast General Store and purchased our favorite candy. We biked the Swamp Rabbit Trail and ate at the cafe, and then said goodbye to the shop. I was too busy to be snapping pictures!



Twenty-Nine
I was supposed to arrive in Maine at 11PM, but there were thunderstorms in Washington D.C. that caused my flight to get cancelled. Luckily, my neighbor was interning in DC and saved me from spending the night alone in the airport. She's the best!






The End.


I am so grateful for the opportunity to explore and work with some people I absolutely love. Thank you to Bryson for being my travel companion; Bryson's family for hosting and being SO kind to us; the RR shop for being an awesome place to work; and to my family and friends for being so supportive of my crazy plans. I'll remember these adventures forever. I can't wait for the next!




Until Next Time,



MM






Comments