SULLIVAN'S ISLAND

Happy Fourth of July! I hope you are having a great day so far. The weather is lovely and almost hot here in Antarctica. ;) 


Today, I am taking you back to one of my favorite places, Charleston, South Carolina, to celebrate this special day for America. 

A few weeks ago, I visited the beach on Sullivan's Island. It was lovely, to say the least. 





Sullivan's Island is such a charming place, just minutes from Downtown Charleston. Like Isle of Palms, it is considered a hideaway from the busy city life, perfect for a family vacation.






I wore my favorite Old Navy slides (currently on SALE!) and an Anthropologie dress as I strolled along the beach. 


My favorite spot on the island is definitely Poe's Tavern (referring to the author Edgar Allan Poe). I visited it a few years back, after getting recommendations from my sister and it totally lived up to my expectations. Their sweet tea is divine! Not to mention that the restaurant itself has a unique, rustic vibe.


Unfortunately, an early summer shower was about to roll in, so we couldn't stay for long, but it was still time well spent. 

Here's a picture of the storm clouds rolling in that I posted on my Instagram story. 


Picture via Instagram. 
@mariamaxsimic


How beautiful are those storm clouds?! I honestly love them. 


Sullivan's Island is a charming place to vacation. We had the best time at the beach and I hope to go back soon. I already miss sweet South Carolina so much!



Thank you for reading! Talk to you soon. xo



Until Next Time,



MM



Comments