THE SWEET & THE SALTY. VOL. 1

The past few weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster, but in the best way possible. I am attempting to step back as often as possible  and look at the way that my life has been lately with a positive mindset relying on the perspective that life is all about enjoying the ride. 



THE SWEET


I have been working full time at a summer camp for middle school aged children and it has been incredible. I have such a great time with my co-workers (who just so happen to be some of my greatest friends) and I ADORE the children. I will say that it is hard sometimes, but I feel so lucky to be able to shape the lives of such sweet kids. I hope I always feel this way about my job!



P.S. - ALEX GOT A PUPPY! He also got another to babysit for a little bit. Talk about precious!




THE SALTY


Additionally, I've been spending my waking time not at work on my computer preparing for this upcoming school year - financially and academically. 

The lows of my emotions have been caused by my anxiety surrounding a new school year and my finances relating to paying tuition AND rent, all by myself. Although I must admit, I am pretty dang psyched about living in a house with three other girls! Side note - I know the homesickness will hit me within the first week of living in another house because I am such a homebody, but I believe I will get through it knowing that I need to do this to grow.

MORAL OF THE STORY - I am done with dorm life (unless I absolutely have to haha), yet I really wanted to move out and couldn't support myself in a place alone. This seemed like the best and most fun solution! It is just frightening that I am going to be a full time student, working more than one job, paying for food, tuition, gas, AND rent. Ultimately, I decided to go for it because I NEED to. I value having fun, but most of all, allowing myself to have a college experience where I can do my best academically, yet still make friends, join clubs, and build long lasting relationships at my school. Also, I think that this will be a great lesson on budgeting money. That's why I am going to do this!


On a side note, Bryson has been gone for the past two weeks, as he is rafting the Grand Canyon and we are unable to communicate. That's been tough too!




With ALL this being said, through my daily yoga practice and journaling these past few weeks, I have reflected quite often on how grateful I am. Life is all about making the best out of the good. It is all about experiences. With that in mind, I know that I want to challenge myself through the good, the bad, and the ugly times. I am very excited for the next few weeks to come!

I will be sure to keep you updated... as always! Thank you for listening to my soap box. Hope you are having a great week. Chin up! 



Until Next Time,



MM




Comments

  1. Your ability to balance time for work, more work, school, and those you love is so incredible. You’re such great role model for all those you meet❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment