CHECKING IN ON OUR MENTAL HEALTH

Hey there! Going through some stressful times? I know the feeling. I am too. Between school, work, and relationships, my mind just can't calm down sometimes. 

So, how do you deal with it? Well, unfortunately, there isn't one particular remedy that can cure your sadness or stress. But there are a few different things you can do that I have found to be helpful for easing the mind. 



A perfectly fitting quote found via Pinterest.

Here's to living happier and healthier lives!


1. MEDITATE. - Even if it is for two, three, or ten minutes a day, let your mind relax by taking a seat and enjoying the silence. If you're looking for guided meditation, I totally recommend using the app Headspace


2. READ A BOOK. - Your mind can truly get lost in books. Set your mind free and rid yourself of your thoughts and get lost in a book. It is a great distraction from negative thoughts and is a great way to calm down. 


3. DO SOME YOGA. - Find free yoga practices on YouTube (I recommend Yoga with Adriene) or visit your local workout studio for a class. Yoga has true healing powers. I recommend carving out some time in your day/week for it and you should feel far more balanced and less stressed. 


4. SEE A THERAPIST. - It is totally okay to see a therapist. If you are feeling incredibly overwhelmed or are experiencing any extreme feelings, or simply need more emotional support, I would opt for one. They can be life-changing.  


5. DO SOMETHING FOR FUN. - Simply doing something that you haven't done, or something that you've always wanted to do can make a world of difference. It can make me really happy sometimes. Try going for a hike at a new spot, trying a new workout class, or meeting a new friend. 


6. EXERCISE. - Exercise absolutely always makes me feel better. It makes a world of difference in my mind, giving me new perspectives and more clarity. When I am stressed, I opt for a run around the block. Go for a jog, complete a workout video, or even walk on the treadmill to relieve some tension. 



I hope that these help you find some solace in your hard feelings. I will say - these things cannot take your feelings away from you, and ultimately make you happy again. They can just ease the affect that bad feelings have on taking over the rest of your life. There is something to be said for experiencing good and bad feelings. That being said, you shouldn't suffer. I encourage you to find ways to find the good in the bad. 



I hope this helps! You aren't alone in your struggles at all. Please know that. 




Until Next Time,



MM

Comments