FALL IN NEW ENGLAND

Living in New England isn't always easy. During the months of November through March, us New Englanders wake up to bone-chilling negative temperatures. To make matters worse, there is minimal light each day that causes many of us to get seasonal depression, including me. 

So, why do people live in New England? The winters are certainly not a part of the pros of being a resident here.

I have a guess! Because of this lovely time called fall. 

Fall is when the leaves are like a beautiful warm pallet of colors. The temperature is perfect, hovering at around fifty to sixty degrees. The apples are incredibly sweet and make the most delicious cider, pie, and crisp. 

Fall is absolutely heavenly here. It makes up for the sanity that we lose during the winter. 

In celebration of this lovely time, my family and I visited one of our favorite places. 





Our favorite apple orchard! Conant Apple Orchard in Maine. 




My Mom jumped into the trees as soon as we arrived! She is much more adventurous than me. She has an incredibly young spirit... me, not so much. 




I eventually caved in and found my way into the trees with my Mother. 







We found a furry friend who was also roaming the orchard. I wish I could say this precious pup was mine!





Look at that sweet face!




The best part of the day wasn't the apples, cider, pumpkins, or the cute pup, although those were lovely. It was definitely getting to spend time with my family. 





I love spending time with them! These people are so incredibly special to me. They traveled all the way from Michigan (by car) to be with us and see the beautiful foliage. 





Dear New England, although your winters may be terribly painful, I am so grateful for your fall. Please give everyone the opportunity to experience it. It is truly heavenly. 




Until Next Time,



MM






Comments